SCREEN-L Archives

November 2020, Week 4

From:
Bondy Kaye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 2020 14:13:52 +1000
Hello,

I hope this finds you well. I am a doctoral candidate in the Digital Media
Research Centre at Queensland University of Technology and the editorial
assistant for *Media Industries. *May I kindly request the following
symposium invitation be distributed via listserv?

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Bondy

*--------------*
*Listserv Message:*
*--------------*

SUBJECT: Cultures of TikTok in the Asia Pacific Symposium Registration Now
Open

Dear friends,

Dr Crystal Abidin, Professor Michael Keane, and the Centre for Culture and
Technology (CCAT) at Curtin University are pleased to announce a one-day
virtual symposium on ‘Cultures of TikTok in the Asia Pacific’ taking place
via Zoom on 7 December 2020 from 08:30-15:00 (GMT+8). This event will be a
critical forum for cutting edge research on TikTok, the globally
influential short video platform that has captivated international
attention and made headlines over the past two years. This event features
twenty presentations that focus on the cultures of TikTok (including but
not limited to the platform, players, and politics) throughout the Asia
Pacific Region. Contributions to this symposium will help pioneer research
directions, approaches, and methodologies for studying TikTok and create
resources for curriculum development and future research collaborations.

To register for this event and view the full programme please visit:

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/cultures-of-tiktok-in-the-asia-pacific-symposium-tickets-129664942333

This event is supported by the MCASI Creative-Critical Imaginations Seed
Fund at Curtin University, Professor Michael Keane, and the Australian
Research Council.

For enquiries, please contact Bondy Valdovinos Kaye (tiktokcultures [at]
gmail [dot] com)