SCREEN-L Archives

May 2020, Week 3

Date:
Sat, 16 May 2020 15:12:18 -0700
Sender:
From:
Carol Vernallis <[log in to unmask]>
Selmin Kara, Holly Rogers, and I are looking for a few more contributors to
our collection *Cybermedia: Scientists and Humanists Face the Machines*
(under contract with Bloomsbury). We have enough chapters by humanists,
who’ve provided close analyses of shows and films like *Westworld, Black
Mirror, Mr. Robot,** Under the Skin, *and *Random Acts of Flyness*. We’re
looking for several more scientists, or humanists who will co-write with
them, to elucidate the workings of neuroscience, AI, quantum physics,
robotics, and so on in these works. Pieces can be short and draw on
previously published research (1,000-3,000 words - to be placed alongside
the close readings). An interview format is fine. If you’re interested,
please email Carol Vernallis at [log in to unmask]

Holly, Lisa Perrott, and I are also glad to consider book proposals for the
Bloomsbury series we co-edit, *New Approaches to Sound, Music, and Media
<https://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/series/new-approaches-to-sound-music-and-media/>*.
Feel free to take a look at the first two books in the series: *Transmedia
Directors: Artistry, Industry, and New Audiovisual Aesthetics
<https://www.amazon.com/Transmedia-Directors-Music-Sound-Approaches/dp/1501339273/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=transmedia+directors&qid=1589666257&sr=8-1>*,
and *Dangerous Mediations: Pop Music in a Philippine Prison Video
<https://www.amazon.com/Dangerous-Mediations-Philippine-Prison-Approaches/dp/1501331531/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=dangerous+mediations&qid=1589666807&sr=8-1>*
.

And we’d all like to invite you to post through Flow Journal
<https://www.flowjournal.org/overflow-covid19-conversations/> about
COVID-19.

Best wishes,

Carol, Holly, Lisa, and Selmin