SCREEN-L Archives

April 2020, Week 2

From:
Kristina Jespersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2020 13:58:44 +0000
Name: Kristina Jespersen

Email: [log in to unmask]

Category: Announcements and Queries

Subject Line: In Media Res – Media Pandemic

This week on In Media Res: Media Pandemic (4/6-4/11)

Here is the lineup: http://mediacommons.org/imr/

Monday, April 6, 2020 – Maggie Hennefield (University of Minnesota) and James Leo Cahill (University of Toronto) present: Is Social Media Like the Coronavirus?

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 –  Alex Juhasz (Pitzer College) presents: I Celebrate Media of Social Proximity

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 – Lauren McLeod Cramer (University of Toronto) presents: Blackness, Asynchronicity, and the Antidote to “Going Live”

Thursday, April 9, 2020 – Nicole Seymour (California State University Fullerton) and Josh Epstein (Portland State University) present: Jinkies, It’s Coronavirus Capitalism!

Friday, April 10, 2020 – David Bering-Porter (Eugene Lang College, The New School) presents: Media Prophylaxis: Reality TV in the Time of COVID-19

Saturday, April 11, 2020 – Neta Alexander (Colgate University) presents: The Zoombie Apocalypse

Theme week coordinated by Maggie Hennefeld and James Leo Cahill

To find links for each day's posts and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure to "like" our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR.

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask]

Best,

The In Media Res Team