SCREEN-L Archives

April 2020, Week 1

From:
Maria San Filippo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2020 11:02:04 -0400
*apologies for cross-posting*

Dear Colleagues,

Having announced the publication of our “Radical Romantic Comedy” special
issue of *New Review of Film and Television* *Studies *earlier this year,
we are pleased to offer free access through the month of April.

Volume 18, Issue 1

Editor Introduction

Declaration of Principles

Maria San Filippo

https://doi.org/10.1080/17400309.2019.1664452

Special Issue Introduction

Radical Rom-Com: Not an Oxymoron

Maria San Filippo, Guest Editor

https://doi.org/10.1080/17400309.2019.1664060

Evidence to the Contrary: Matrimony & Legal Interventionism in Silent
Divorce Comedies

Leslie H. Abramson

https://doi.org/10.1080/17400309.2019.1664050

Romantic Comedy and the Virtues of Predictability

Kyle Stevens

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2019.1664059

The Awkward Truth: Failure to Romance and the Art of Decoupling in the
Films of Hong Sang-soo

Sueyoung Park-Primiano

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2019.1664054

Romantic Female Friendships as Resistance: Subversive Web Series in the
United States and India

Molly Bandonis and Namrata Rele Sathe

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2019.1664052

Rom-Com without Romonormativity, Gays without Homonormativity: Examining
the *People Like Us* Web Series

Eve Ng

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2019.1664057

“Money Can't Buy Me Love”: Radical Right-Wing Populism in French Romantic
Comedies of the 2010s

Mary Harrod

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2019.1664055

*Documentary and Disability* (Review)

Taryn Ely

https://doi.org/10.1080/17400309.2020.1700014

In Memory of Thomas Elsaesser

Warren Buckland

https://doi.org/10.1080/17400309.2020.1704459

We would additionally appreciate your following us on Twitter @NRFTSJournal
<https://twitter.com/NRFTSJournal> and on Instagram @nrftsjournal
<https://www.instagram.com/nrftsjournal/>, and we welcome submissions
through the portal on our website, where information about the journal and
guidelines for authors can also be found:

https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rfts20/current

With gratitude for your support, and best wishes during these challenging
times.

Maria San Filippo
Editor