Associate Professor in Digital and Experimental Media, Visual Effects and Entertainment Design
Apply now Job no: 494958
Work type: Full time
Location: Bedford Park, Adelaide, Australia
Categories: Level D, College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
Classification: Academic Level D
$AU139,122 to $AU153,269 pa
Position Reports to:
Dean, People and Resources
Please Direct Application Enquiries to:
Professor Vanessa Lemm
Monday, 13 May 2019 11am
The Associate Professor will be a senior member of the academic staff in the area of Digital and Experimental Media in the College and will have expertise in Digital Media, Visual Effects and Entertainment Design and contribute to the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research programs in this area.
In addition to leading quality research endeavours, the applicant will provide leadership in the planning and delivery of topics within the suite of programs, including development of teaching materials, delivery of lectures/tutorials or other innovative teaching and learning strategies, examinations and may be involved in placement education.
The applicant will be required to provide leadership in strengthening existing partnerships or exploring new partnerships with external stakeholders that have potential for providing improved teaching, learning and research outcomes for the University. The applicant will be involved in leading high quality research, including attracting competitive research funding and other sources of funding, publishing manuscripts in high impact journals, mentoring of early-career researchers and supervision of research higher degree students. The research profile of the Associate Professor will be aligned with one of the College’s Research Themes.
Please note: Pursuant to the Children’s Protection Act 1993 (SA) this position has been deemed prescribed. It is an inherent requirement of the position that the successful candidate maintains a current Child Related Employment Screening which is satisfactory to the University.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
The Associate Professor is accountable for:
• Providing sustained leadership in research and teaching programs, primarily within Digital and Experimental Media.
• Making an outstanding high quality personal contribution to research and community service through original and innovative contributions, obtaining research funding from outside the University and producing sustained high quality publications and deliver high quality research presentations that align with the College areas of research strength and focus.
• Playing a significant leadership role in the College/University and make a significant contribution to leadership at the national and/or international level within Digital and Experimental Media.
• Providing leadership in inspiring and innovative teaching informed by approaches that enhance the student experience.
• Make an outstanding contribution to mentoring and developing early career researchers, supervision of students undertaking complex WIL, Honours and/or Research Higher Degrees.
• Providing leadership in College internal and external quality assurance processes.
• Leading, supervising and participating in high-performing multi-disciplinary teams with an education and research focus and contribute to the development of a respectful, trusting and collaborative working environment.
• Developing, establishing and maintaining strategic relationships and networks with a range of stakeholders including industry, government and professional associations and organisations, nationally and/or internationally.
• Providing leadership to the integration and management of aspects of the academic and administrative life of the College.
• Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the position as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
KEY POSITION CAPABILITIES
• Completion of a PhD in Creative Arts or equivalent qualification in a relevant field.
• Recognition of academic standing at a national or international level in the discipline area.
• Evidence of strong understanding of pedagogical theory and contemporary educational practice relevant to the discipline.
• Significant and sustained evidence of excellence in teaching performance at a tertiary level.
• Evidence of successful development, delivery and evaluation of learning and teaching innovations across disciplines.
• Demonstrated evidence of sustained professional development in higher education teaching.
• Evidence of ability to lead and mentor a team of academics.
• Significant involvement in academic quality processes at course/program level.
• Evidence of successful use of e-learning technologies.
• An established national reputation and emerging international reputation in a research area aligned with the College’s research strengths.
• A strong record of high quality research publications (or creative works).
• Evidence of attracting external research funding.
• Evidence of research impact at a national or international level.
• Demonstrated excellence in the supervision of higher degree research students.
• Demonstrated excellence in research leadership and mentorship.
• Contribution to the leadership in non-traditional research outputs and the communication of their value internally and externally.
• A demonstrated strong track record of establishing effective collaborations with external national and international partners.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, students and industry.
• Evidence of upholding the values and ethos of the University.
Information For Applicants:
You are required to provide a suitability statement of no more than three pages, addressing the key capabilities of the position description. In addition, you are required to upload your CV.
For further information or to apply, go to: http://jobs.flinders.edu.au/cw/en/job/494958/associate-professor-in-digital-and-experimental-media-visual-effects-and-entertainment-design
Online resources for film/TV studies may be found at ScreenSite