SCREEN-L Archives

April 2019, Week 2

From:
Marty Norden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2019 22:22:11 -0400
Hello, everyone. Rob Weir and I are happy to announce the publication of
our co-edited book, _Pop Culture Matters: Proceedings of the 39th
Conference of the Northeast Popular Culture Association_. Published by
Cambridge Scholars Publishing, it consists of the top papers presented
at the NEPCA conference held in Amherst, Mass. about a year and a half
ago. The book's 29 chapters deal with a broad range of popular culture
topics, including toxic masculinity on television, film adaptations, the
graphic war novel, the work of Neil Gaiman, gender and mixed martial
arts, philosophy and video games, and pop culture pedagogy.

More information about _Pop Culture Matters_ is available at the
publisher's website:

https://www.cambridgescholars.com/pop-culture-matters

If you have any questions about this anthology, please feel free to
contact me off-list at [log in to unmask]

best wishes,
Marty Norden
  Martin F. Norden
  Professor, Department of Communication
  N320 Integrative Learning Center           fax: 413 545-6399
  University of Massachusetts Amherst        vox: 413 545-0598
  Amherst, MA  01003   USA

  Editor, _Lois Weber: Interviews_
  http://www.upress.state.ms.us/books/2169

  Co-Editor, _Pop Culture Matters_