SCREEN-L Archives

February 2019, Week 2

From:
Marty Norden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2019 00:04:59 -0500
Hello, everyone. I am thrilled to announce the publication of my edited
book, _Lois Weber: Interviews_. An installment in the University Press
of Mississippi's "Conversations with Filmmakers" series, _Lois Weber:
Interviews_ focuses on one of the film world's first great
writer-directors. It consists of more than sixty items, including
interviews with Weber, newspaper articles that she wrote, and the text
of a speech she gave. The vast majority of these documents - all from
the 1910s, 20s, and 30s - have never been reprinted until now. The book
also includes the most thorough filmography of Weber's work to date and
a detailed chronology of her life and career.

More information about _Lois Weber: Interviews_ is available here:

http://www.upress.state.ms.us/books/2169

If you have any questions about this anthology, please feel free to
contact me off-list at [log in to unmask]

best wishes,
Marty Norden
  Martin F. Norden
  Professor, Department of Communication
  N320 Integrative Learning Center           fax: 413 545-6399
  University of Massachusetts Amherst        vox: 413 545-0598
  Amherst, MA  01003   USA
               Home page: http://people.umass.edu/norden