SCREEN-L Archives

January 2019, Week 5

From:
Lyndsey E Shelton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2019 15:12:17 +0000
Name: Lyndsey Shelton

Email: [log in to unmask]

Category: Announcements and Queries

Subject Line: In Media Res – Staff Picks

This week's In Media Res looks back at some of our favorite posts with Staff Picks (1/28/18-2/1/18)

Here is the lineup: http://mediacommons.org/imr/

Monday, January 28, 2018 – Todd McGowan (University of Vermont) presents: The Necessity of the Sex Scandal

Tuesday, January 29, 2018 – George Crosthwait (Japanese Avant-garde and Experimental Film Festival) presents: The Fog: John Carpenter’s ‘Liebestod’

Wednesday, January 30, 2018 – Fabrizio Cilento (Messiah College) presents: The Aesthetics of the Procedural in Post-9/11 Cinema

Thursday, January 31, 2018 – Kayley Thomas (University of Florida) presents: What Fangirls Want: Making More of and More from Marvel’s Men

Friday, February 1, 2018 – Rossend Sanchez-Baro (Universitat Pompeu Fabra) presents: Who did kill that girl?: How To Get Away With Murder and narrative saturation

To find links for each day's posts and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure to "like" our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR.

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask] or email the Associate Editor, Geoffrey D. Henry, at [log in to unmask]

Best,

The In Media Res Team