SCREEN-L Archives

October 2018, Week 1

From:
Bjorn Ingvoldstad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2018 11:38:31 -0500
With all apologies for cross-listing... Please share!

Assistant Professor of Digital Media Production
Department of Communication Studies
Bridgewater State University
Bridgewater, MA

DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: The Department of Communication Studies offers comprehensive undergraduate programs to develop knowledge and skills in the areas of media literacy, video production, public relations, journalism, and cultural studies. We value and promote diversity, ethics, and social justice. We strive to prepare intellectually open and aware lifelong communicators who engage in our local, regional and global communities.

Centrally located with easy access to both Boston and Providence, Bridgewater State University serves the region of Southeast Massachusetts through its comprehensive range of undergraduate, graduate, and evening degree programs. Bridgewater State is committed to fostering a challenging, high quality education accessible to students in the region and beyond.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The Department of Communication Studies at Bridgewater State University invites applicants for a full-time, tenure-track position in Digital Media Production. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses in a diverse, interdisciplinary department. We seek candidates whose teaching focuses on digital media creation, with emphasis on social media, documentary, journalism, and digital publishing. In addition, they will have an interest in curricular development, particularly the integration of global perspectives into the curriculum. The successful candidate will be an excellent teacher and possess a well-developed scholarly and/or creative agenda. They will also be an active mentor to students and engage in service to the department, the university, and the wider community. The standard teaching load is four courses per semester.

REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
•	PhD in Communication, Media Studies, or a related discipline by September 2019
•	Relevant college teaching experience
•	Demonstrated commitment to public higher education and working with a diverse student body

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
•	Professional experience in digital media production
•	Demonstrated willingness to engage in high-impact practices (e.g., internships, undergraduate research, service-learning, global engagement)
•	Interest in teaching in multiple modalities (e.g., face-to-face, hybrid, online)

EEO STATEMENT: Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.

APPLY ONLINE at https://jobs.bridgew.edu -- applications received by October 19, 2018 will receive first consideration, but we will continue to review applications until the position is filled.

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
•	Please attach a CV that includes a minimum of three (3) professional reference contacts.
•	Please attach a Teaching and Diversity Statement.
•	Please attach a Digital Media Example or Portfolio (Media file). A web link to the information is also acceptable.

Bjorn Ingvoldstad, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Communication Studies
Bridgewater State University

Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org