SCREEN-L Archives

May 2018, Week 3

From:
"Akser, Murat" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2018 10:49:26 +0000
Apologies for cross posting

Dear colleagues

I want your help and assistance in a post-graduate matter. We have a PhD student working on "Women Video Artists of the Middle East" as her dissertation topic. Initially we were able to get some of the works. Now we hit a wall. Although we have seen this body of work in different art galleries around the world, we cannot access them for academic study. So far we could reach some of Shirin Neshat's work but the majority of her works remain inaccessible online. Here is the list:

Shirin Neshat's unavailable videos
·       Anchorage 1996
·       The Shadow under the Web (1997)
·       Rapture (1999)
·       Soliloquy (1999)
·       Fervor (2000)
·        Pulse (2001),
·       Passage (2001),
·        Possessed (2001)
·       Tooba (2002),
·        Mahdokht (2004)
·       Games of Desire (2009)
·       Zarin, 2005. Single channel video/audio installation.
·       Munis, 2008. Color video/audio installation
·       Faezeh, 2008. Color video/audio installation
·       Possession, 2009. Black & white video/audio installation.

Here is what I would like to ask you to do:

1. If your university library has a copy of any of the items above, please email me privately so that we try to get a copy of the video.

2. If you have access to museum and art gallery curators who might have access to Neshat's work, could you please email me their contact info so that we can reach them?

Thanks for your help

Murat Akser, Ph.D.
Course Director and Lecturer in Cinematic Arts
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCFzUuaR7oQ>
School of Arts and Humanities
Ulster University, Magee campus
Londonderry BT48 7JL Northern Ireland
Tel: +44 (28) 71675202
Staff Profile: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/staff/m-akser
Vimeo Profile: https://vimeo.com/muratakser
Cinematic Arts @ Magee: https://youtu.be/sCFzUuaR7oQ
<https://youtu.be/sCFzUuaR7oQ>

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager at [log in to unmask] and delete this email immediately. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Ulster University.
The University's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried out on them may be recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. Ulster University does not guarantee that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or 100% secure. Unless expressly stated in the body of a separate attachment, the text of email is not intended to form a binding contract. Correspondence to and from the University may be subject to requests for disclosure by 3rd parties under relevant legislation.
The Ulster University was founded by Royal Charter in 1984 and is registered with company number RC000726 and VAT registered number GB672390524.The primary contact address for Ulster University in Northern Ireland is Cromore Road, Coleraine, Co. Londonderry BT52 1SA

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org