SCREEN-L Archives

May 2018, Week 3

Date:
Mon, 14 May 2018 08:48:19 +0000
As colleagues may know, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force on 25 May 2018. The current Newsletter constitutes a service under this regulation and the email addresses which it uses constitute private data (irrespective of the fact that the email addresses may be publicly available on university websites). GDPR means that as the originator of the email data used for the Newsletter I must obtain your consent to be included in the list.
With some regret I have decided that the process to achieve this is too is administratively onerous; this Newsletter is therefore the last one.
The Newsletter has offered services that will be accessible from other websites:
- accessing Studies in French Cinema<https://www.tandfonline.com/loi/rsfc20> will keep you up to date on publications by the journal.
- I will carry on updating the recent books and theses documents that can be found on the French and Francophone Special Interest Group<http://baftss.org/special-interest-groups/french-francophone-cinema/resources-for-french-francophone-cinema/> pages of the BAFTSS website.
- CFPs will carry on being routed via other lists (Francofil, AFFECAV, etc).
I would like to thank you for your support over the fifteen years or so that I have run the Newsletter.

Phil Powrie
Professor of Cinema Studies
Lewis Carroll Building 27AC05
School of Literature and Languages
University of Surrey
GU2 7XH
T: 01483 682980
W: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/englishandlanguages/staff_list/complete_staff_list/phil_powrie/
Programme Leader Liberal Arts and Sciences
Chief General Editor Studies in French Cinema: http://www.tandfonline.com/action/journalInformation?show=aimsScope&journalCode=rsfc20

http://www.ScreenSite.org