SCREEN-L Archives

May 2018, Week 1

From:
"Peaslee, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2018 15:00:23 +0000
Dear Colleagues:

I’m sharing the following on behalf of my colleague, Dr. Kent Wilkinson:

Best,
Rob

Greetings,

It is a pleasure to invite you, your colleagues and students to participate in the 7th Hispanic/Latino Media & Marketing International Conference to be held February 21-23, 2019 in Arlington, Texas. The co-sponsors are the College of Media & Communication at Texas Tech University and the Department of Communication at the University of Texas at Arlington. The conference theme is Culture, Media & Measurement; the deadline for submissions is June 11, 2018. The conference website can be found at www.mediamarketconference.com.

We invite proposals for completed papers, extended abstracts for papers, panels/special sessions, and profession-oriented sessions related to the conference theme (broadly construed). I have attached a call for papers and a poster. Would you kindly help us disseminate this information?

We strongly encourage participation by students, both undergraduate and graduate. In the past, strong participation in this conference by media practitioners has opened good networking opportunities for students and faculty alike. The conference’s location in the heart of the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex should make it a strong draw for media industry representatives, and the two host institutions also have large alumni bases in the region.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or my co-organizer, Prof. Julián Rodríguez of UT Arlington, with any questions that you may have ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

We hope to see you in Arlington in February.

Best,
Kent Wilkinson

Kenton T. Wilkinson, Ph.D.
Thomas Jay Harris Regents Professor in Hispanic and International Communication
Editor, The International Journal of Hispanic Media<http://www.internationalhispanicmedia.org/>
College of Media & Communication
Texas Tech University
Box 43082
Lubbock, Texas, USA 79409-3082
Tel: (806) 834-0199
Harris Institute: www.depts.ttu.edu/comc/research/hihic<http://www.depts.ttu.edu/comc/research/hihic/>
Now in paperback: Spanish-Language Television in the United States: F<http://url.ie/z2dh>ifty Years of Development<http://url.ie/z2dh>.

———————————————————————
Robert Moses Peaslee, PhD
Associate Professor & Chair
Department of Journalism & Creative Media Industries

Coordinator, TTU International Film Series

College of Media & Communication
Texas Tech University
MS 3082
Lubbock, TX 79409