SCREEN-L Archives

October 2017, Week 3

From:
Bella Honess Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2017 12:30:30 +0000
Dear all,

I’m looking for a few additional chapters to complete a book I am editing on Aardman Animations (under contract with I.B. Tauris). I am particularly interested in proposals that deal with the following:

  *   Issues of representation (especially race, ethnicity as well as class and gender)
  *   Considerations of different authorial voices
  *   The lesser known/ less ‘typical’ output (i.e. the non-claymation work)
  *   Cultural studies approaches (particularly vis a vis national identity)
  *   ‘Landmark’ short films (inc. Creature Comforts, Humdrum, Stage Fright, The Pearce Sisters, etc)
  *   The Angry Kid series
  *   Branding and branded content
  *   Use of sound and music

I am open to other proposals, but note that the more ‘obvious angles' not mentioned above have already been covered. Feel free to email me for an informal discussion of chapter ideas prior to submitting a proposal.

Deadlines (these are firm, due to a fixed manuscript deadline)
Proposals (up to 1-page, including short bio): 13th November
Completed chapters (6000 words): 1st Feb 2018

- Bella

Dr. Bella Honess Roe
Senior Lecturer in Film Studies
Programme Director, Film Studies