SCREEN-L Archives

June 2017, Week 2

From:
Sara Taksler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 12:41:22 -0400
Hi ,

I hope life is treating you well!

I'm writing because TODAY is the big release day for my movie,
<http://www.ticklinggiants.com/> TICKLING GIANTS, the story of how Dr.
Bassem Youssef, the "Egyptian Jon Stewart", uses comedy to support free
speech and fight a president who abuses his power. Since this is an
independent movie, I really need help spreading the word! Please consider
three things:

1.) WATCH TICKLING GIANTS and/ or GIVE IT TO A FRIEND. We have 100% on
Rotten Tomatoes, so I don't even have to feel guilty asking you to watch! If
you ORDER DIRECTLY FROM <http://www.ticklinggiants.com/>
HTTP://WWW.TICKLINGGIANTS.COM/, you'll get 30-minutes of extra footage, the
theme song, and more! You can also get it on iTunes and Amazon.

2.) REVIEW THE FILM - It takes a minute and is the way most people decide
what to watch. If we aren't #1 on <http://apple.co/TicklingGiants> iTunes
and <http://amzn.to/2rnccl4> Amazon at the end of the week, I'm starting an
investigation into Russian hacking.

3.) TELL 5 FRIENDS - Personally share this info with people who'd like the
film. And PLEASE feel free to post <http://www.ticklinggiants.com/> the
link on social media with the hashtag #TicklingGiants.

To my pleasant surprise, Tickling Giants has garnered the support of
everyone from huge liberals (my grandma) to conservatives and libertarians,
like the Koch network and someone on the Ted Cruz presidential campaign (no
relation to my grandma). I'm realizing that free expression is something
people of all backgrounds care about. And I hope Tickling Giants will be a
starting point for dialogue, to bring people together. If you'd like to host
a screening (college, high school, community group, theatrical etc), click
on <http://www.ticklinggiants.com/screenings/> Host a Screening, and our
team will help you set it up.

Thanks so much!

Sara

P.S. The goal for TICKLING GIANTS is to kick-off a conversation about how
people can find creative, non-violent ways to be heard when they see an
abuse of power. Hope you will join us!

http://www.ScreenSite.org