SCREEN-L Archives

November 2015, Week 2

From:
In Media Res <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 2015 03:09:05 +0000
We've recently extended the call for our theme week on Survivalist Media, and we're still accepting proposals for other upcoming theme weeks (as listed below).

For more information, please visit our website at

http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/current-calls.

In Media Res Calls for Proposals

Survivalist Media<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLvv9On80lEC4RBGF-_k2X6Ba1f41d3CRkYV2vHv2Q8/edit?usp=sharing> - Deadline: November 16, 2015

Star Wars<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WixxhUH4d1x5DbPvUsij1QbUTRG1d6c4scXrqvA0nUc/edit?usp=sharing> - Deadline: November 20, 2015

David Simon<https://docs.google.com/document/d/149D9-jTWrC0BmUu6PDCh5KCzODI8RPC-msUXc0iiDQA/edit?usp=sharing> - Deadline: December 14, 2015

Martial Arts Movies<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SdtHCyc2HrS6aWDFK8Vh0EdDEH7sWEj_6Rm2JXm8dzs/edit?usp=sharing> - Deadline: December 14, 2015

 Academics, journalists, critics, media professionals and fans are all welcome to submit proposals.

The actual curated piece should include a 30-second to 3-minute clip, an image, or a slideshow accompanied by a 300 to 350 word response to/contextualization of the clip, image, or slideshow. In addition to curating your piece, you will be asked to engage with the other pieces presented that week as a means of fostering discussion and further fleshing out the individual topic in relation to the week's theme.

Keep up-to-date on all IMR happenings and current theme weeks by liking us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares> and following us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/MC_IMR> (@MC_IMR).

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask]

Best,

The In Media Res Team