SCREEN-L Archives

May 2015, Week 3

From:
Lizzie Finnegan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2015 12:00:32 -0400
D’Youville College in Buffalo, NY is staging a THATcamp August 14th-15th (The
Humanities And Technology Camp). If you are not familiar, THATcamps are
unconferences, so they are informal, participatory events. Here’s the
website: http://buffalo2015.thatcamp.org/

Here’s the CFP if you are interested in proposing a workshop.

THATCamp Buffalo 2015 (The Humanities and Technology Camp): Digital
Humanities: Emerging Possibilities for Scholarship and PedagogyCall for
Proposals (by August 7th)

We invite proposals for 2-hour interactive bootcamp workshops that will
inspire humanists in a variety of disciplines to find ways to invigorate
their teaching and research through the use of digital technology.
Bootcamps should be hands-on, practical, concrete, and leave participants
feeling that they can go out and use what they have learned. We encourage
topics that will expand the boundaries of teaching and research methods
both formally and intellectually.

Topics may include but are NOT limited to:

   - Locative Media and GPS technologies
   - Gaming
   - Text Markup/Encoding
   - Social Media
   - Digital Media Arts
   - Re-envisioning the classroom, library, or teaching environment
   - Programming
   - Graphic/information design (How we can design information so that it
   is easily read/understood?)
   - Creating a Website
   - Web-Based Pedagogies
   - Web-Based Assessment
   - Smart-Phones and Mobile Devices
   - Technology and Interpretive Methods
   - Digital Literacies

 How do I propose a Boot Camp?

First, you need to register for THATCamp by going to <
http://buffalo2015.thatcamp.org/>, clicking on the "register" page and
following the instructions. Next you can write up your proposal in about
350-750 words (include links and graphics if you like) and email it to <
[log in to unmask]> The THATCamp committee will review it and will
contact you with any questions or suggestions, and will let you know
promptly if your proposal has been accepted.

Lizzie

Elizabeth Finnegan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of English
Director, Fine Arts Program
D’Youville College Department of Liberal Arts
320 Porter Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14201
ALT 418
716.829.8481

*We find certain things about seeing puzzling, because we do not find the
whole business of seeing puzzling enough.*
---Ludwig Wittgenstein

*I do not want to show things but to give people the desire to see.---Agnes
Varda*

Do you GoodSearch?
I GoodSearch for The Southern Poverty Law Center
Internet or shopping online with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered
by Yahoo!