SCREEN-L Archives

May 2015, Week 3

From:
Dana Polan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2015 15:30:10 -0500
From the Arts and Science Dean at Cornell:
Dear Colleagues,

It is with a heavy heart that I pass along the news that Performing and Media Arts professor of film, Don Fredericksen, has passed away.

Don began his teaching career at Cornell in 1971. In addition to his work in the Department of Performing and Media Arts, he was a faculty affiliate in the Religious Studies and Visual Studies programs. A talented longtime advisor and seminar teacher for the College Scholar Program, he won a Paul award for outstanding advising. He served on the executive board of the Namgyal Monastery Institute for Buddhist Studies, as well as the editorial board of Image, an international film journal published in Poland. He was a member of the founding steering committee and served as chair of the International Association for Jungian Studies and served on the executive committee of the Jungian Society for Scholarly Studies. In addition to his teaching and scholarly work, he was also a practicing psychotherapist in Ithaca.

On behalf of the College of Arts and Sciences, I want to extend my deepest condolences to Don's family, colleagues, friends, students, and collaborators. Please join me in taking a moment to remember Don and to acknowledge his talents and service to our community.

Yours in compassion,

Gretchen Ritter
The Harold Tanner Dean of Arts and Sciences

http://www.ScreenSite.org