SCREEN-L  January 2015, Week 3

SCREEN-L January 2015, Week 3

Re: Looking for a quote Jack Lang on Gary Cooper's Voice

"Sewell, Matthew" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Jan 2015 21:05:49 +0000

Hello Don,

Marcel Ophuls relays a version of this anecdote in his article "Letter from Paris: Mitterrand's Medialand" (American Film vol. 8 no. 2, November 1982). He attributes the remark about Gary Cooper's voice to Pierre Kast, though.

For those who appreciate the absurdity of these things, Don and I are colleagues who work in the same building... but I thought others might be curious (plus the Ophuls article is lively, funny, and well worth reading). Anyway, Don, in the spirit of collegiality I'll even go you one better -- I checked our library for it, and confirmed they have it on the shelves: call number PN 1993.A617 (non-circulating periodicals).

Matt

Matthew Sewell
Associate Professor and Chair of English
Minnesota State University, Mankato
230 Armstrong Hall
Mankato, MN   56001