SCREEN-L Archives

October 2014, Week 3

From:
Lorna Field <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2014 16:35:34 -0400
WINNER OF THE 2008 AAP/PSP PROSE AWARD FOR BEST NEW JOURNAL IN THE SOCIAL
SCIENCES & HUMANITIES!

Projections is published in association with The Society for Cognitive
Studies of the Moving Image and The Forum for Movies and Mind.

Dear Colleague,

We are pleased to announce that the latest issue of Projections has recently
been published by Berghahn Journals. This issue covers themes such as
violence in war movies and video games, emotional responses to films,
patterns in film design, and more.

Please visit the Berghahn website for more information about the journal:
http://journals.berghahnbooks.com/proj

Current Issue
Volume 8, Issue 2

From the Editor
http://bit.ly/1w0Fvmf

Articles
Blood Splats and Bodily Collapse: Reported Realism and the Perception of
Violence in Combat Films and Video Games
Stuart Bender
http://bit.ly/1xPriIU

Judge Dread: What We Are Afraid of When We Are Scared at the Movies
Julian Hanich
http://bit.ly/1wAWmer

Shot Scale Distribution: An Authorial Fingerprint or a Cognitive Pattern
András Bálint Kovács
http://bit.ly/1rt1m06

The Circular Camera Movement: Style, Narration, and Embodiment
Lennard Hřjbjerg
http://bit.ly/11k11If

Forking Cinematic Paths to the Self: Neurocinematically Informed Model of
Empathy in Motion Pictures
Gal Raz and Talma Hendler
http://bit.ly/1sd0RuU

Book Reviews
Ariel Rogers, Cinematic Appeals: The Experience of New Movie Technologies
Stephen Prince
http://bit.ly/1r3Nauw

Jinhee Choi and Mattias Frey, eds., Cine-Ethics: Ethical Dimensions of Film
Theory, Practice, and Spectatorship
Carl Plantinga
http://bit.ly/1wAXcaU

Recommend Projections to your library
Are you unable to access these articles through your library? As a key
researcher in your field you can recommend Projections to your library for
subscription. A form for this purpose is provided on the Projections
website: http://journals.berghahnbooks.com/_uploads/proj/proj_lib.pdf

Free Sample Issue of Projections
View Volume 4, Issue 1 here:
http://journals.berghahnbooks.com/proj/index.php?pg=sample

Free Online Trial
Berghahn offers a free 60-day online trial to Projections. To sign up,
please visit:
http://berghahn.publisher.ingentaconnect.com/content/berghahn/proj/trial;jse
ssionid=54fsga5we4h3v.alice

For additional information, including subscription details as well as
submission guidelines, visit http://journals.berghahnbooks.com/proj

Contact: [log in to unmask]