SCREEN-L Archives

October 2014, Week 3

From:
Gerry Canavan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2014 09:03:21 -0500
SFFTV would like to invite reviews of current DVDs in SF/F, with possible
selections including but not limited to such titles as:

Snowpiercer
The Rover
Rick & Morty
Orphan Black
Zero Theorem
Under the Skin
The Signal
Edge of Tomorrow

We are reasonably successful at obtaining review copies from smaller
arthouse and independent distributors. Although we are keen to expand our
review coverage of mainstream sf film and television, obtaining review
copies from major distributors is a lot harder – so if you have your own
copy, and would like to review it, we would love to hear from you.

Our film and TV reviews (1000-2000 words) are intended to fill the gap that
exists between popular/journalistic reviews and the fuller critical
treatment only some films and tv shows will receive, often much later, in
academic venues. Ideally, a review will situate the film/show within a
broader critical and/or historical framework and sketch out a critical
analysis which will prove useful to students and researchers. We are
interested in reviews of films/shows (of whatever vintage) that are new to
DVD/Blu-ray. If you would like to claim one of these options or propose a
different film/show to review, please contact the editors (
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]). If
you have not written for us before, please send your cv when you get in
touch.

Gerry Canavan
Assistant Professor of 20th and 21st Century Literature
English Department, Marquette University
http://www.gerrycanavan.com