SCREEN-L Archives

August 2014, Week 1

From:
"Higgins, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2014 17:10:36 +0000
Please Share the Following:

For Full Information see: https://careers.wesleyan.edu/postings/4470

WESLEYANUNIVERSITY FILM STUDIES DEPARTMENT invites application for an Assistant Professor position with a focus on film, television, and media history, beginning July 1, 2015. We seek a colleague with disciplinary interests in historical poetics, and we have particular interest in a candidate whose scholarship engages with genre, authorship, aesthetics, and narrative. Knowledge of studio-era cinema is important.

A successful candidate will join a distinguished undergraduate major with forty years of achievement and over 400 alumni working throughout the film and television industries. Our curriculum unifies media studies with production in a liberal arts setting, and emphasizes audience-centered artistic practice. Strong consideration will be given to the teaching record of the candidate, scholarship, and the willingness to participate in the further expansion of a burgeoning program. Tangible evidence of excellence in undergraduate pedagogy is especially important. Teaching load is two courses per semester.

Candidates must have a PhD in hand by time of appointment
Applications received by September 15, 2014 will receive full consideration.

Regards,

Scott Higgins
 Associate Professor, Chair of Film Studies
Wesleyan University
Blog: http://shiggins.blogs.wesleyan.edu/