SCREEN-L Archives

September 2013, Week 5

From:
Sean Redmond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2013 15:01:35 +0000
 10101102013

Dear Colleagues,

We are proud to announce the release of Episode One of Deletion, the online, open access forum in Science Fiction. Organised around the theme of the pleasures of science fiction, the edition can be accessed here:

http://www.deletionscifi.org

Running Order:

Sean Redmond, Trent Griffiths, Chris Moore, Elizabeth Braithwaite, Leon Marvell (editors)

Welcome: the age of deletion http://www.deletionscifi.org/episodes/episode-1/welcome-the-age-of-deletion/

Angela Ndalianis: Astro Boy, Science-fictionality and Japanese Robotics

http://www.deletionscifi.org/episodes/episode-1/astro-boy-science-fictionality-and-japanese-robotics/

Mark Bould: The Pleasures of Science Fiction; or, some things I did the other day…

http://www.deletionscifi.org/episodes/episode-1/the-pleasures-of-science-fiction-or-some-things-i-did-the-other-day/

Horst Sarubin: The Drowning Man

http://www.deletionscifi.org/episodes/episode-1/the-drowning-man/

Sherryl Vint: Spectacles and Seriality: The Entwined Pleasure Potential of Science Fiction Television

http://www.deletionscifi.org/episodes/episode-1/spectacles-and-seriality-the-entwined-pleasure-potential-of-science-fiction-television/

Matt Hills: The “World-sharing” Pleasures of SF: From Expansive Universes to Miniscule Details

http://www.deletionscifi.org/episodes/episode-1/the-world-sharing-pleasures-of-sf-from-expansive-universes-to-miniscule-details/

Christy Dena: Deletions and Other Pleasures

http://www.deletionscifi.org/episodes/episode-1/deletions-and-other-pleasures/

Deletion is soliciting papers and creative work from scholars and practitioners of science fiction. We are also soliciting ideas for themed special editions. Submission details can be found here: http://www.deletionscifi.org/advice-for-authors/

 For questions and enquiries please contact the editors at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Sean Redmond
Associate Professor in Media and Communication
School of Communication and Creative Arts
Faculty of Arts and Education
Deakin university
e: [log in to unmask]
t: 61 3 924 43931
w: http://www.deakin.edu.au/contact/staff-profile/?pid=5215
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code 00113B
[cid:42C372F5-8787-4CBE-8400-DC35BB1CD885]

Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.

Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.