SCREEN-L Archives

March 2013, Week 3

From:
Cynthia Chris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2013 15:32:43 +0000
The College of Staten Island, a senior college within the City University of New York, offers a Master of Arts in Cinema and Media Studies. Priority deadline for application to the program is April 15, 2013. Applicants must have a BA, BS or equivalent in liberal arts or sciences; three letters of recommendation; a letter of intent, and a 10- to 12-page writing sample. Please pass information about this exciting opportunity on to prospective students who would like to pursue graduate work in the New York City area.

In our Masters Program, students undertake a challenging two-year curriculum that spans core knowledge in media history, theory, criticism, and production with the aim of ushering cinema and media studies into a new era of global intellectual and innovative exchange. We also prepare students for PhD programs in cinema studies and communications, as well as related disciplines in the humanities and social sciences. We also prepare students for careers as administrators, writers, researchers, editors, curators, and media producers in the media-related fields. We prepare students for careers as administrators, writers, researchers, editors, curators, and producers in the media-related fields in New York City and beyond.

For more information, please see information on our program and facilities, as well as faculty and alumni accomplishments, at http://scholar.library.csi.cuny.edu/mediaculture/maprogram.html
Also, please see CSI's Graduate Admissions Office at http://www.csi.cuny.edu/admissions/grad/.

Prospective students may contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with inquiries about the program.

Cynthia Chris, Associate Professor/Co-Coordinator, Graduate Studies
Department of Media Culture
College of Staten Island, CUNY
2800 Victory Boulevard, 1P-226
Staten island, NY 10314

Washington Monthly<http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/septemberoctober_2012/features/americas_bestbangforthebuck_co039461.php> magazine ranks the College of Staten Island as one of "America's Best-Bang-for-the-Buck Colleges"

http://www.ScreenSite.org