SCREEN-L Archives

November 2012, Week 4

From:
Bella Honess Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2012 15:15:37 +0000
*With apologies for cross-posting*

We seek a third paper for a panel devoted to the relationship between animation and architecture for the 2013 Society for Animation Studies conference (June 23 - 27) in Los Angeles. We are interested in papers that examine that relationship in any number of ways, but especially including:

- Uses of animation in architectural practice (as a tool for visualization);
- Representations of architecture and infrastructure in animation;
- Animation as a process of building (architecture as a metaphor for the animation process);

If you are interested in joining our panel, please send a title, 250-word abstract, and 150-word biographical statement to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by 1st December. We will respond no later than 5th December.

Dr. Bella Honess Roe
Lecturer in Film Studies
Film Studies professional placement tutor
School of Arts
University of Surrey
Guildford
Surrey, UK