SCREEN-L Archives

October 2012, Week 3

From:
Annie Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2012 16:08:11 -0500
Emory University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of assistant professor to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the Department of Film and Media Studies.  Appointment begins in Fall 2013. We are particularly interested in applicants whose research and teaching focus on one or more of the national cinemas/media of East Asia and/or South Asia.  We especially welcome applications from scholars of film and media in Korea, China or India. Language and cultural fluency, as well as an ability to teach core film/media courses, are preferred.  Candidates must possess a Ph.D. at time of appointment, evidence of excellence in teaching, and must show promise of innovative scholarship, as well as dedication to building our program.  Please send a letter of application, CV, and three letters of recommendation to Dr. Matthew H. Bernstein, Chair, Search Committee, Department of Film and Media Studies, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322.  Applications are due December 15, 2012.  Emory University is an EEO/AA employer.  Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.