SCREEN-L Archives

July 2012, Week 3

From:
Darcey West Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2012 23:46:43 +0000
Below please find listed the theme weeks for which we are currently seeking proposals from prospective curators.  For more information, visit http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/current-calls

Politics as Entertainment: August 20 - 24, 2012

Media Nostalgia: August 27 - 31, 2012

Hip-hop Cinema: September 3 - 7, 2012

We will post more calls for late summer and fall in the coming weeks.  Please check back again to find a week that fits your interests.  We look forward to reading your proposal.

You can always stay up to date on everything In Media Res by “liking” our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares or follow our @MC_IMR account on Twitter.

Academics, journalists, critics, media professionals and fans are all welcome to submit proposals.  The actual piece should include a 30-second to 3-minute clip, an image, or a slideshow accompanied by a 300 to 350 word response to/contextualization of the clip, image, or slideshow.  In addition to curating your piece, you will be expected to engage with the other pieces presented that week as a means of fostering discussion and further fleshing out the individual topic in relation to the week’s theme.

Have a suggestion for a theme week for fall 2012?  Please email us at [log in to unmask] for more information on how to propose a theme week.

Best,

IMR Editorial Staff