ATA-PLAYLIST  July 2012

ATA-PLAYLIST July 2012

All Things Acoustic Playlist: 20 July 2012

Fri, 20 Jul 2012 21:56:15 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 20 July 2012:

Pete Seeger, "Banks of Marble," If I Had Hammer (Smithsonian Folkways)
Woody Guthrie, "Grassy Grass Grass (Grow, Grow, Grow)," Songs to Grow on for Mother and Child (Smithsonian Folkways)
John McCutcheon, "Biggest Thing That Man Has Ever Done," This Land: Woody Guthrie's America (AppalSongs)
Gillian Welch, "Six White Horses," The Harrow & the Harvest (Acony)
Mississippi John Hurt, "Richland Woman Blues," The Complete Studio Recordings (Vanguard)
Andrew Calhoun, "I Ride an Old Paint," Grapevine (Waterbug)
David Wilcox, "This Old Car," Airstream (What Are Records?)
The Wailin' Jennys, "Beautiful Dawn," 40 Days (Jericho Beach)
Dave van Ronk, "Fixin' to Die," Inside Dave van Ronk (Fantasy)
Utah Phillips, "I Got To Know Why," Making Speech Free (PM Press)
Guy Davis, "House of the Rising Sun," A Nod to Bob 2 (Red House)
Cheryl Wheeler, "It's the Phone," Defying Gravity (Philo)
Paul Rishell and Annie Raines, "Memphis Town," Goin' Home (Great Divide)
Harvey Reid, "Oh Marie," Circles (Woodpecker)
Bruce Molsky, "I Truly Understand," Poor Man's Troubles (Rounder)
Carolyn Hester, "Ain't That Rain," At Town Hall (Bear Family)
Eliza Gilkyson, "Sleeper," Going Driftless (Red House)
Jack Johnson, "Anything But the Truth," To the Sea (Bushfire)
Doc Watson, "Ready for the Times to Get Better," Live at the Cedar: Visionaries (Cedar Cultural Center)
Bruce Piephoff, "Streets of Queens," Slaughterhouse (Flyin' Cloud)
Koerner, Ray & Glover, "Titanic," The Return of Koerner, Ray & Glover (Red House)
Milt Okun, Ellen Stekert, "The Brazos River," Singing the New Traditions (Riverside)
Fito Olivares, "Juana La Cubana," Lone Star Soundtrack (Daring)
Broadside Singers, "Welcome Welcome Emigrante," The Best of Broadside 1962-1988 (Smithsonian Folkways)
Bok, Muir, & Tricket, "Aragon Mill," The First Fifteen Years, vol. 2 (Folk-Legacy)
Flying Jenny, "Bye and Bye," I Ain't Gonna Grieve My Mind Anymore (Whoop It Up!)
Brooks Williams, "Shady Grove," Blues and Ballads (Red Guitar Blue Music)
Anne Hills, "Little Orphant Annie," Ef You Don't Watch Out (Collective Works)
Loudon Wainwright, "What Are Families For?," Little Ship (Virgin)
Gordon Bok, "Turning Toward the Morning," Because You Asked (Timberhead)

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org