FILM-ALERT Archives

May 2012

FILM-ALERT@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Paavo Hanninen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paavo Hanninen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2012 19:21:39 -0500
Hey y'all,

My name's Paavo Hanninen. I graduated from the University of Alabama in 2009. I am currently working on my MFA thesis film at the University of Texas-Austin. The film is titled "Tiny Tape Recorder."

I am reaching out to this group because I figured as a group of Alabama film lovers, you may be interested in supporting the work of an Alabama filmmaker.

"Tiny Tape Recorder" is the story of a man who must confront his past after discovering a tiny tape recorder embedded in his ear. Part of a vast government conspiracy, the tiny tape recorder has been recording every single moment of his life since the moment he was born. During the course of confronting this past, DARPA agent Saul Giovanni attempts to guide him towards spiritual health and renewal through the power of the recorded tape. Using this science-fiction premise, the film will explore the boundary between past and present as the two collide and overlap and how our past actions are constantly influencing the future.

In order to make this film a reality though, we need a little financial help. There's no minimum donation, and we have gifts to thank you for your contribution, and if nothing else, please pass this link along to others who you feel might be interested in supporting a film like this.

Here's the link to the kickstarter page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paavo3/tiny-tape-recorder

Thank you and Roll Tide,
Paavo Hanninen

----
If you no longer wish to receive announcements from Film-Alert,
please fill in this form:

http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=film-alert&A=1

and click "Leave FILM-ALERT".