SCREEN-L Archives

April 2012, Week 3

From:
Mark Bould <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2012 18:46:22 +0100
*Science Fiction Film and Television *(
http://liverpool.metapress.com/content/121631/<https://owa.uwe.ac.uk/OWA/redir.aspx?C=5fe37839b4d24341aa5b8bf5f91ef958&URL=http%3a%2f%2fliverpool.metapress.com%2fcontent%2f121631%2f>)
is seeking articles for a special issue in on world sf cinema and
television.

Although excluding the US from discussions of world cinema and television
creates a problematic opposition(ality), we are seeking critical work on sf
from other national/transnational, and especially non-Anglophone, contexts,
both historical and contemporary.

We are particularly, but not exclusively, interested in work which
introduces and/or offers fresh insights into specific national
cinemas/televisions, or which reconceptualises sf by relativising US/First
Cinema variants as culturally-specific approaches rather than generic
norms, or which addresses the following:
•       globalisation
•       transnationalism
•       imperialism, neo-imperialism, post-imperialism
•       colonialism, decolonisation, neo-colonialism, post-colonialism
•       sf from the Third World/Developing World/Global South
•       indigenous, Fourth World and Fourth Cinema sf
•       the subaltern
•       nationhood, national identity, regional identity
•       race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality
•       global networks, informational black holes
•       borders, borderlands
•       homelands, migrations, diasporas
•       national, international or transnational contexts of production,
distribution or consumption
•       specific production cycles

Submissions should be made via our website at
http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/lup-sfftv<https://owa.uwe.ac.uk/OWA/redir.aspx?C=5fe37839b4d24341aa5b8bf5f91ef958&URL=http%3a%2f%2fmc.manuscriptcentral.com%2flup-sfftv>
.

Any queries should be directed to the editors, Mark Bould (
[log in to unmask]) and Sherryl Vint  ([log in to unmask]).

The deadline for submission to this special issue is September 1 2013.

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org