ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

April 2012

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2012 21:58:14 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 20 April 2012:

Pete Seeger, "Banks of Marble," If I Had Hammer (Smithsonian Folkways)
Ry Cooder, "El Corrido de Jesse James," Pull Up Some Dust and Sit Down (Nonesuch)
Jackson Browne, "Somebody's Baby," Solo Acoustic, Vol. 2 (Inside)
Peter Case, "How 'Bout You," Peter Case Sings Like Hell (Vanguard)
Flying Jenny, "I Ain't Gonna Grieve My Mind Anymore," I Ain't Gonna Grieve My Mind Anymore (Whoop It Up!)
Merle Travis, "Sixteen Tons," In Boston 1959 (Rounder)
The Civil Wars, "I've Got This Friend," Barton Hollow (Sensibility)
Trout Fishing in America, "My Hair Had a Party Last Night," Family Music Party (Trout)
Gadji-Gadjo, "OctoberBurrekfest," Sur le Toit des Voisins (Mange-Ta-Main)
Nancy White, "I Sweep the Sidewalk with the Hose," Stickers on Fruit (Borealis)
Townes van Zandt, "Waitin' Round to Die," Acoustic Blue (Tomato)
Steve Norris, "All Those Years Ago," I Just Can't Help Myself (Steve Norris)
Andrew Calhoun, "Eugene," Staring at the Sun (Waterbug)
Bua, "Soldier, Soldier," Down the Green Fields (Bua)
Bright Light Quartet, "I'm Tired," Worried Now, Won't Be Worried Long (Alan Lomax)
Jil Chambless, "Aragon Mill," The Ladies Go Dancing (Jil Chambless)
The Carolina Chocolate Drops, "Hit 'Em Up Style," Genuine Negro Jig (Nonesuch)
Greg Brown, "Canned Goods," One Night (Red House)
Dave van Ronk, "Candy Man," Two Sides of Dave van Ronk (Fantasy)
German Goldenshteyn, "Zhokul Rezeshilor," A Living Tradition (Living Tradition)
Guy Davis, "Slow Motion Daddy," Sweetheart Like You (Red House)
Wade Hemsworth, "Ye Girls of Old Ontario," Folk Songs of the Canadian North Woods (Smithsonian Folkways)
Annie Gallup, "Bird," Weather (Waterbug)
Rory Block, "Cypress Grove," When a Woman Gets the Blues (Rounder)
Danny Schmidt, "Houses Sing," Man of Many Moons (Red House)
Bok, Muir & Trickett, "John of Dreams," The First Fifteen Years, Vol. I (Folk-Legacy)
Martin Simpson, "The Wind & the Rain," True Stories (Compass)
Riley Baugus, "Boll Weevil," Long Steel Rail (Sugar Hill)
Ad Vielle Que Pourra, "Serre-moi Plus Fort, Victor/Plant a Cao," Musaique (Green Linnett/Xenophile)

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org
Box 870370/Tuscaloosa/AL/35487