SCREEN-L Archives

February 2012, Week 4

From:
Gina Marchetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2012 14:24:32 +0800
*ASIAN CINEMA STUDIES SOCIETY CONFERENCE *

*March 16-20, 2012, University of Hong Kong *

(post-conference events on March 21)

            The tentative program for the 2012 international meeting of the
Asian Cinema Studies Society is now available online.  We have scheduled a
dynamic program of panels, workshops, screenings, and other events on films
from across Asia and the Asian diaspora.

Registration is open.  Visit the ACSS conference website for full
information including the conference program, schedule, and registration
forms.

http://www0.hku.hk/complit/acssc/index.html

http://www0.hku.hk/complit/acssc/ACSS_Conference_Programme_2012.pdf

http://www0.hku.hk/complit/acssc/ACSS_Conference_Schedule_2012.pdf

http://www0.hku.hk/complit/acssc/ACSS_Registration_Form.doc

We welcome guests as well as participants, and you need not be a member of
ACSS to attend.  *Be sure to register before* *March 1, 2012**.*  THERE IS
NO REGISTRATION FEE.  ALL ARE WELCOME.  However, some conference
events/meals may only be available for those presenting papers or serving
in other official capacities.  Seating for all activities will be on a
first-come first-served basis, and we cannot guarantee accommodation at any
given event.

We are organizing a tour of the Hong Kong Film Archive for ACSS conference
participants on *March 21, 2012*.  If you would like to join that tour,
contact Dr. Natalie Wong at [log in to unmask] before March 1.

            If you have any questions regarding registration or any other
conference matters, feel free to contact Dr. Natalie Wong at

            We look forward to welcoming you to Hong Kong in March.

Warm regards from the conference coordinating committee:  John A. Lent
(Chair, ACSS), Tan See-Kam (Macau), Natalie Wong (HKU), Staci Ford (HKU),
Mirana Szeto (HKU), Winnie Yee (HKU), Gina Marchetti (HKU).

The conference is funded through the Centre for the Study of Globalization
and Culture/Department of Comparative Literature at the University of Hong
Kong.   For more information on CSGC, visit its website at
http://www0.hku.hk/complit/csgc/

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org