SCREEN-L Archives

January 2012, Week 3

Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2012 12:25:18 -0600
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Ethan Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Texas A & M University-Corpus Christi seeks a Chairperson for the Department of Communication and Media which is housed in the new School of the Arts, Media, and Communication.  The Chairperson will administer academic program planning, assessment, and evaluation, as well as oversee budgets and staffing.

A successful candidate must hold a Ph.D. in Communication Studies or Media Studies or hold an MFA in Media Production and have the academic credentials to be appointed as a tenured associate or full professor; experience with new media is preferred.

A successful candidate should:
•	Have a proven record of leadership success;
•	Demonstrate understanding of the subject matter in communication studies, media studies, and production in order to articulate a vision for the future development of the department in these areas;
•	Demonstrate understanding of new media in order to further develop this area;
•	Have the ability to work effectively with administration, faculty, and chairs across departments and disciplines;
•	Show evidence of excellence in teaching and advising;
•	Provide evidence of a successful scholarly program in communication studies, media studies, and/ or a consistent track record of creative activity;
•	Document an excellent record of service;
•	Demonstrate effectiveness as a communicator who can serve as a model and a motivator for faculty in the department and be an influential voice about the needs of the department at the school, college, and university levels; and
•	Demonstrate a commitment to shared governance, student success, and diversity issues.

Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi is a learning centered institution. TAMUCC (The Island University) is located on its own island surrounded by the water of Corpus Christi and Oso bays. The beautiful natural setting is enhanced by our modern, attractive, and state-of-the-art classroom buildings and support facilities, and our colorful landscaping and plazas that lend a distinctive tropical feel to the campus. Our Hispanic Serving Institution status provides a foundation to attain significant impacts for improving the educational attainment of our regional students, and our strategic location on the Gulf of Mexico and on the cultural border with Latin America places the Island University in perfect position to help realize its national and international prominence goals.

Please apply online at https://islanderjobs.tamucc.edu include a letter of intent; curriculum vita; copies of transcripts; evidence of teaching effectiveness; statements of teaching, research, and leadership; and a list of references.  Three letters of recommendation should be sent by the author to Mr. J. Don Luna, Chair of the Communication Search Committee, Bay Hall #333, 6300 Ocean Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78412.  Review of applications will begin March 1, 2012. Please direct any inquiries to Mr. J. Don Luna, Chair, Communication and Theatre, 361-825-5988 or email to [log in to unmask]
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.