ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

December 2011

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 2011 22:00:35 -0600

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 23 December 2011:

Bruce Molsky, "Sail Away Ladies," Lost Boy (Rounder)
The All Things Acoustic Repertory Players, "The Night Before Christmas," N/A (All Things Acoustic)
Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks, "Santa's Workshop," Crazy for Christmas (Surfdog)
Christine Lavin & the Mistletones, "A Christmas / Kwanzaa / Solstice/ Chanukah/ Ramadan/ Boxing Day Song," The Runaway Christmas Tree (Appleseed)
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, "River," Jingle All the Way (Rounder)
Harvey Reid & Joyce Andersen, "How Can I Keep from Singing," Christmas Morning (Woodpecker)
Kate & Anna McGarrigle, with I. V. Dow, "Il Est Ne / Ca Bergers," The McGarrigle Christmas Hour (Nonesuch)
Joanie Komatsu, "Po La'i E (Silent Night)," Ki Ho Alu Christmas (Dancing Cat)
Georgia Sea Island Singers, "O Day," Songs of Christmas from the Alan Lomax Collection (Rounder)
The Good Lovelies, "Hurry Home," Under the Mistletoe (The Good Lovelies)
The Roches, "Sleigh Ride," We Three Kings (Ryko)
James Taylor and Natalie Cole, "Baby, It's Cold Outside," James Taylor at Christmas (Columbia)
Holly Cole, Rebecca Jenkins, Mary Margarent O'Hara, Jane Siberry, Victoria Williams, "Un Flambeau Jeanette Issabella," Count Your Blessings (Alert)
Kate Rusby, "Here We Come A-Wassailing," A Family Christmas (Putumayo)
Bruce Cockburn, "Adeste Fidelis," Christmas (Columbia)
Laurence Juber & Craig Taubman, "Maoz Tzur," Celebrate Hanukkah (CraigNCo)
Danny Heines, "Singing Flames," Festival of Light 2 (Six Degrees)
Judy Frankel, "Hanuka," A Chanukah Celebration (Hylo)
Pete Seeger, "Carol of the Beasts," Traditional Christmas Carols (Smithsonian Folkways)
Shawn Colvin, "Christmas Time Is Here," Holiday Songs and Lullabies (Columbia)
The Be Good Tanyas, "Rudy," A Winter's Night: (Nettwerk)
Jim Henry, "The Tree," Wonderland (Signature Sounds)
Richard Gilewitz, "Jingle Bells," Strings for a Season (GillaZilla)
Lou and Peter Berryman, "Big Dead Bird," House Concert (Cornbelt)
Gayla Peevey, "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas," Dr. Demento Presents the Greatest Christmas Novelty CD (Rhino)
Susan McKeown & Lindsey Horner, "Song of Forgetting," Through the Bitter Frost and Snow (Prime-CD)
Neal & Leandra, "The Present," Angels and Fools (Uncle Gus)
Harlem Parlour Music Club, "Last Month of the Year," A Harlem Parlour Music Christmas (Harlem Parlour Records)
Catie Curtis, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," 'Twas the Night Before the White House (Compass)
Mason Jennings, "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town," This Warm December (Brushfire)
Dave's True Story, "Winter Wonderland," Snow Angels (Compass)
Doug Legacy and the Legends of the West, "Christmas in Prison," Bummed Out Christmas! (Rhino)
The Roches, "Here We Come A-Caroling," We Three Kings (Paradox)
Martha's Trouble, "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen," Christmas Lights (Aisling)

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org
Box 870370/Tuscaloosa/AL/35487