ATA-PLAYLIST  September 2011

ATA-PLAYLIST September 2011

All Things Acoustic Playlist: 23 September 2011

Fri, 23 Sep 2011 21:53:59 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 23 September 2011:

Bruce Molsky, "Sail Away Ladies," Lost Boy (Rounder)
Kate & Anna McGarrigle, "Goin' Back to Harlan," Matapedia (Hannibal)
Roger McGuinn, Pete Seeger, Josh White, Jr., "Dink's Song," Treasures from the Folk Den (Appleseed)
The Wronglers with Jimmie Dale Gilmore, "In the Pines," Heirloom Music (Neanderthal)
Storyhill, "Lay Down Your Weary Tune," A Nod to Bob 2 (Red House)
Kat Eggleston, "Go to the Water," Outside Eden (Waterbug)
Loudon Wainwright, "Red Guitar," 40 Odd Years (Shout)
Paul Thorn, "I'd Rather Be a Hammer Than a Nail," Live From Short Street (Paul Thorn)
Joel Rafael, "Pretty Boy Floyd," The Songs of Woody Gurthrie, vol. 1 & 2 (Inside)
The Klezmatics, "Come When I Call You," Wonder Wheel (Jewish Music Group)
Dave Carter, Tracy Grammer, "Tanglewood Tree," Tanglewood Tree (Signature Sounds)
Disappear Fear, "Power and Glory," Get Your Phil (Disappear Records)
Jackson Browne, "Song for Adam," Saturate Before Using (Asylum)
Leon Redbone, "When I Kissed That Girl Good-Bye," Whistling in the Wind (Private Music)
R. Crumb and the Cheap Suit Serenaders, "Mysterious Mose," Chasin' Rainbows (Shanachie)
The Holy Modal Rounders, "Low Down Dog," I Make a Wish for a Potato (Rounder Heritage)
Dry Branch Fire Squad, "The Orphan Train," Live at the Newburyport Firehouse (Rounder)
Kate Wolf, "The Lilac and the Apple," Lines on the Paper (Rhino)
Jean Ritchie, "The Cuckoo," Singing the American Roots (Riverside)
Andrew Calhoun, "Johnny Has Gone for a Soldier," Grapevine (Waterbug)
John Hartford, "Way Down the River Road," Gum Tree Canoe (Flying Fish)
Robin Batteau, James Naughton, David Buskin, "Real Men Do," Big League Babe, pt. 2 (Prime CD)
Greg Brown, "Summer Evening," Dream City (Red House)
Ramblin' Jack Elliott, w/Dave Alvin, "East Virginia Blues," The Long Ride (HighTone)
The New Golden Ring, "Waterbound," Five Days Singing, Vol. I (Folk-Legacy)
Harvey Reid and Joyce Andersen, "The Great Sad River," The Great Sad River (Woodpecker)
Peter Case, "The Open Road Song," Let Us Now Praise Sleepy John (Yep Roc)

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=ATA-PLAYLIST&A=1