SCREEN-L Archives

April 2011, Week 2

Date:
Sun, 10 Apr 2011 13:47:20 -0500
Greetings,

We want to let you know that the new issue of Flow: A Critical Forum
on Television and Media Culture is available at http://flowtv.org.
Please stop by and feel free to leave comments.

This issue features columns from: Ann Johnson, Randall Livingstone,
Kelli Marshall, and Graeme Turner

This issue's columns in brief:

"An Interview with Big Brother Guest Ragan Fox" by Ann Johnson
http://flowtv.org/2011/04/interview-with-ragan-fox/
Ragan Fox, professor and Big Brother Season 12 contestant, speaks
about his experiences with "haters" and the portrayal of gay identity.

"The Myth of Classlessness in Apple's 'Get a Mac' Campaign" by Randall
Livingstone
http://flowtv.org/2011/04/myth-of-classlessness/
Livingstone challenges the myth behind the "Get a Mac" ads.

"Gene Kelly, Volkswagen, and Posthumous Performance" by Kelli Marshall
http://flowtv.org/2011/04/gene-kelly-volkswagen-andposthumous-performance/
Twitter users react strongly to the Volkswagen ad featuring posthumous
performances by Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor.

"'Liveness' and 'Sharedness' Outside the Box" by Graeme Turner
http://flowtv.org/2011/04/liveness-and-sharedness-outside-the-box/
Graeme Turner asks, "What exactly is television for the multi-platform user?"

Interested in supporting Flow? Click HERE http://flowtv.org/about/support/
FlowTV is now on Twitter! Follow Flow's Twitter page at:
http://twitter.com/flowtv

FlowTV is also on Facebook! Get updates on your news feed by becoming a fan:
www.facebook.com/FlowTV

We look forward to your visit and encourage your comments.

Best wishes,

Flow Editorial Staff