SCREEN-L Archives

April 2011, Week 1

From:
Robin Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2011 13:19:27 -0500
Embarras Valley Film Festival Symposium Call for Papers

Symposium Date: November 11, 2011

Deadline for Proposals: October 1, 2011

This Year’s Theme: Films For and About Children and Young Adults

Proposals for conference-length papers related to our theme, “Films For and About Children and Young Adults” are invited for our 2011 Embarras Valley Film Festival. Although we will be screening films connected with film makers and personnel from the Central Illinois area, we encourage a variety of perspectives on children’s and young adult films. The following outlines the possible films we will screen during our festival:

Hachi: A Dog’s Tale (2009)
Song of the South (1946)
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)
Cinderella (1950)
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (2010)
Martian Child (2007)

Paper topics may include readings of films for children and young adults, film adaptations, children’s or young adult literature and film, or children’s or young adult literature of or about Central Illinois.

Please send an abstract of approximately 150 words by October 1, 2011 to the following address or email:

Dr. Robin L. Murray
English Department
Eastern Illinois University
Charleston, IL 61920

We will contact participants by October 15, 2011 regarding their status.

The EVFF is a yearly event sponsored by the Eastern Illinois University College of Arts and Humanities and honors a person or theme relevant to the Embarras Valley, which encompasses much of East Central Illinois. Eastern Illinois University is located in Charleston,Illinois, in the Embarras Valley. The symposium will be held in the Tarble Arts Center Atrium on EIU’s campus.

Robin L. Murray, PhD
Professor of English and Women's Studies
Eastern Illinois Writing Project Director
Film Studies Minor Advisor
Eastern Illinois University
600 Lincoln Avenue
Charleston, IL 61920