ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

April 2011

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2011 22:01:42 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa). The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 08 April 2011:

Bruce Molsky, "Sail Away Ladies," Lost Boy (Rounder)
The Weavers, "Bay of Mexico," Kisses Sweeter Than Wine (Omega)
Pete Seeger, "Green Grass Grows All Around," Abiyoyo and Other Story Songs for Children (Smithsonian Folkways)
Pete Seeger, "Where Are My Pajamas?," Abiyoyo and Other Story Songs for Children (Smithsonian Folkways)
Judy Collins, "Turn, Turn, Turn," Roots of Folk (Vanguard)
Gillian Welch, "Make Me Down a Pallet on Your Floor," Soul Journey (Acony)
June Tabor, "The Irish Girl," Against the Streams (Green Linnet)
The Carolina Chocolate Drops, "Hit 'Em Up Style," Genuine Negro Jig (Nonesuch)
Mike Seeger and Peggy Seeger, "The Dodger Song," Fly Down Little Bird (Appleseed)
Elephant Revival, "Currach," Elephant Revival (Elephant Revival)
Sweet Honey in the Rock, "When I Grow Up," Experience... 101 (Appleseed)
Kate McGarrigle, "Green Green Rocky Road," The McGarrigle Hour (Hannibal/Ryko)
The Chieftains, with Los Tigres Del Norte, "Cancion Mixteca," San Patricio (Hear Music)
Wade Hemsworth, "The Black Fly Song," Folk Songs of the Canadian North Woods (Smithsonian Folkways)
Laura Boosinger, "Goin' Back to Dixie," Old Time Banjo Festival (Rounder)
Reverend Gary Davis, "There's a Table Sittin' in Heaven," A Little More Faith (Prestige/Bluesville)
Bruce Springsteen, "All I'm Thinkin' About," Devils and Dust (Columbia)
Greg Brown, "Summer Evening," Over and Under (Trailer)
Susan McKeown, "Slan agus Beannacht," Lowlands (Green Linnet)
Joni Mitchell, "Marcie," Joni Mitchell (Reprise)
Grace Pettis, "Dancing," Grace Pettis (Blue Rock)
Anais Mitchell, "Hobo's Lullaby," The Brightness (Righteous Babe)
Luminescent Orchestrii, "Sweet," Too Hot to Sleep (Lumii)
Gordon Bok, Ann Mayo Muir, Ed Trickett, "Past Caring," And So Will We Yet (Folk-Legacy)
The Waifs, "I Believe," The Waifs (Compass)
David Olney, "Covington Girl," Dutchman's Curve (Deadbeet)
The Alabama Gravy Soppers, "Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens," The Alabama Gravy Soppers (The Alabama Gravy Soppers)
Lou and Peter Berryman, "Orange Cocoa Cake," Double Yodel (Corbelt)
Milt Okun, Ellen Stekert, "Trouble," Singing the New Traditions (Riverside)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world. (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
Alabama Public Radio: WUAL/WQPR/WAPR
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org