SCREEN-L Archives

February 2011, Week 2

Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:41:37 -0500
Two celebrated documentaries come to mind about family secrets:

"Capturing the Friedmans"

"My Architect"

There are several documentaries involving German families confronting the Nazi
past:

The recent “Harlan” on notorious Nazi Director, Viet Harlan, has many
interviews with family members

Relatives of prominent Nazis meet Holocaust survivors in the following:

PBS POV series film “Inheritance”
http://www.pbs.org/pov/inheritance/

“Bloodlines”
http://www.bloodlinesfilm.com/

Hope this helps but are you sure this film should be made in the lifetime of
the student's grandparents?

Robert Goff