ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

December 2010

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2010 21:55:28 -0600

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa). The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 17 December 2010:

The Wailin' Jennys, "One Voice," 40 Days (Jericho Beach)
Alana MacDonald, "In My Life," Imagined: The John Lennon Song Project (Red Engine)
Walt Michael, "John of Dreams," The Good Old Way (Walt Michael)
Joel Rafael, "This Train Is Bound for Glory," The Songs of Woody Gurthrie, vol. 1 & 2 (Inside)
David Lindley, Hani Naser, "Ain't No Way," Live in Tokyo (Pleemhead)
Greg Brown, "Telling Stories," Milk of the Moon (Red House)
Bok, Muir & Trickett, "John of Dreams," The First Fifteen Years, Vol. I (Folk-Legacy)
Pete Seeger, "Get Along Little Dogies," Darling Corey and the Goofing-Off Suite (Smithsonian Folkways)
Woody Guthrie, "Riding in My Car," This Land Is Your Land (Kids Rounder)
Tom Lehrer, "Fight Fiercely Harvard," The Tom Lehrer Collection (Shout)
Bob Dylan, "Tomorrow Is a Long Time," The Witmark Demos: 1962-1964 (Columbia)
Shotgun Party, "Mean Old Way," Mean Old Way (Shotgun Party)
Brave Combo, "O, Christmas Tree," It's Christmas, Man! (Rounder)
Enoch Kent, "The Gallowa' Hills," Take a Trip With Me (Borealis)
The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem, "Haulin' the Bowline," In Person at Carnegie Hall (Columbia/Legacy)
Johnny Collins, with Dave Webber, "Maui," Shanties & Songs of the Sea (ARC)
Pierce Pettis, "Legacy," Scenes from a Scene (Gadfly)
A. L. Lloyd, "Rosin the Beau," Singing the Mother Countries (Riverside)
Ian & Sylvia, "Four Strong Winds," Washington Square Memoirs (Rhino)
Annie Bauerlein & Chip Mergott, "Blueberry Pancakes," One Meat Ball (Appleseed)
Mike Seeger, "Got No Silver Nor Gold Blues," Southern Banjo Sounds (Smithsonian Folkways)
The Magnolia Sisters, "La Fleur de la Jeunesse," Chers Amis (Rounder)
James Taylor, "River," James Taylor at Christmas (Columbia)
Richard Gilewitz, "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen," Strings for a Season (GillaZilla)
Holly Cole, Rebecca Jenkins, Mary Margarent O'Hara, Jane Siberry, Victoria Williams, "Carol of the Bells," Count Your Blessings (Alert)
Leo Kottke, "Little Beaver," A Shout Toward Noon (Private)
Hey Mavis, "Knock Me Off My Feet," Red Wine (Hey Mavis)
Bruce Hornsby, "Darlin' Be Home Soon," The Village: A Celebration of the Music of Greenwich Village (429)
Pieta Brown, "Hey Joey," Shimmer (Red House)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world. (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
Alabama Public Radio: WUAL/WQPR/WAPR
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org