SCREEN-L Archives

October 2010, Week 2

From:
rebecca beirne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2010 20:04:31 -0700
** With apologies for cross-posting **

CALL FOR PAPERS
For conference to be held in Auckland (Langham Hotel)
June 29, 30 and July 1

The Popular Culture Association of Australia and New Zealand (Popcaanz) is devoted to the scholarly understanding of everyday cultures. It is concerned with the study of the social practices and the cultural meanings that are produced and are circulated through the processes and practices of everyday life.

We invite academics, professionals, cultural practitioners and those with a scholarly interest in popular culture to send a 150 word abstract to the area chairs listed below. If you have an idea for a panel please submit to President [log in to unmask] We also welcome papers exploring ALL aspects of popular culture

· Fashion ([log in to unmask])
· Visual Arts ([log in to unmask])
· Popular Design ([log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask])
· Graphic Novels and Comics ([log in to unmask])
· Popular History ([log in to unmask])
· Film and TV ([log in to unmask])
· Anime and Manga ([log in to unmask])
· Food Studies ([log in to unmask])
· Music ([log in to unmask])
· Science ([log in to unmask])
· Toys and Games ([log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask])
· Sports ([log in to unmask])
· Popular Fiction ([log in to unmask])