SCREEN-L Archives

October 2010, Week 1

From:
Darcey West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2010 16:17:35 +0000
This week's In Media Res special theme is Animals in the Media.

Here's the line-up:
http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/

Monday October 4, 2010 – Holly Kruse (Rogers State University)  presents: Race Horse as Rock Star: Fandom, Memory, and Zenyatta

Tuesday October 5, 2010 – Brett Mills (University of East Anglia) presents: When Foxes Attack

Wednesday October 6, 2010 – Candice Haddad (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor) presents:Talking Through Feminist Critiques of PETA: A Call for Animal Rights to be a Project of Media and Culture Studies Scholars

Thursday October 7, 2010 – Susan Nance (University of Guelph) presents: Dumbo: Then and Now

Friday October 8, 2010 – Lisa Uddin (Corcoran College of Art and Design) presents: Birds in Oil and WatercolorTheme Week Organized by Nedda Ahmed (Georgia State University)

Theme week coordinated by Jeremey Groskopf (Georgia State University)

To receive links for each day’s posts and see our latest calls for curators, please join our Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=46530613457

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR.

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask] or email the Coordinating Editor, Alisa Perren, at [log in to unmask]

Best,
The In Media Res Team