SCREEN-L Archives

August 2010, Week 2

Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2010 23:50:51 -0400
I just saw The Three Stooges in Pardon My Backfire (1953) at Film
Forum in NYC, part of their classic 3D series; oil is sprayed
directly onto the lens. And the technique is not uncommon in nature/
wildlife films set in oceans, lakes, rivers.

Cynthia Chris, Associate Professor
Department of Media Culture
College of Staten Island, CUNY