ATA-PLAYLIST  August 2010

ATA-PLAYLIST August 2010

All Things Acoustic Playlist: 27 August 2010

Fri, 27 Aug 2010 22:02:55 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 27 August 2010:

The Wailin' Jennys, "One Voice," 40 Days (Jericho Beach)
Ladysmith Black Mambazo, "Homeless," The Warner Bros. Collection (Warners)
Shawn Colvin, "Kathy's Song," Live '88 (Plump)
John Oates, "He Was a Friend of Mine," The Village: A Celebration of the Music of Greenwich Village (429)
Old Crow Medicine Show, "Poor Man," Big Iron World (Nettwerk)
Magnolia Sisters, "Leve Tes Fenetres Hautes," Apres Faire le Boogie Woogie (Rounder)
The Carolina Chocolate Drops, "Hit 'Em Up Style," Genuine Negro Jig (Nonesuch)
Greg Brown, "Conesville Slough," Yellow Dog (Earthwork Music Archive)
Sweet Honey in the Rock, "The Freedom Song Medley," Best of Woodsongs, Vol. 3 (Woodsongs Oldtime Radio Hour)
Blind Faith, "Can't Find My Way Home," Blind Faith (Polydor)
John Prine, "Hello in There," Philadelphia Folk Festival 40th Anniversary (Sliced Bread)
Red Horse, "I Am a Child," Red Horse (Red House)
Joni Mitchell, "The Circle Game," Ladies of the Canyon (Reprise)
The Bobs, "Disappointment Pants," Get Your Monkey Off My Dog (The Bobs)
Riders in the Sky, "Rawhide," Always Drink Upstream from the Herd (Rounder)
Bayou Seco, "Frijole Symphony," Music in the Air (Zerx)
Dave van Ronk, "Garden State Stomp," Laugh Tracks, vol. 2 (Shanachie)
Roger Manning, "Pearly Blues," Troubadours of Folk, 5 (Rounder)
Unknown, "Hopali," Deep River of Song: Alabama (Rounder)
Rev. Gary Davis, "Twelve Gates to the City," Singing the American Roots (Riverside)
Gordon Bok, Ann Mayo Muir, Ed Trickett, "Wild Birds," And So Will We Yet (Folk-Legacy)
The Low Anthem, "To Ohio," Oh My God, Charlie Darwin (Nonesuch)
Linda Thompson, "Blue & Gold," Versatile Heart (Rounder)
Roy Book Binder, "She Did You a Favor," Polk City Ramble (Rounder)
Kat Eggleston, "Birken Tree," Speak (Kat Eggleston)
Lucinda Williams, "Jambalaya (On the Bayou)," Ramblin' (Smithsonian Folkways)
Dar Williams, "The Babysitter's Here," The Honesty Room (Burning Field)
Brooks Williams, "Home By Dawn," Inland Sailor (Green Linnet/Redbird)
Gadji-Gadjo, "L'Olivier de Boheme," Sur le Toit des Voisins (Mange-Ta-Main)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world.  (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=ATA-PLAYLIST&A=1