SCREEN-L Archives

July 2010, Week 2

From:
Frank Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:04:04 +0200
As many of you know, film scholar and reviewer Peter Brunette passed away
suddenly on June 16 at the Taormina Film Festival. More information and a
number of highly deserved tributes can be found at:
http://www.indiewire.com/article/writer_peter_brunette_dies_at_italian_festi
val/?sms_ss=facebook

Among many other things, Peter was in the midst of editing the Blackwell
Companion to Italian Cinema when he died. I have been in touch with Jayne
Fargnoli of Blackwell, and she has asked me to take the project forward.
Unfortunately, we lack up-to-date information on whom Peter contacted and
for what. I have a partial list as of February, but am sure that there are
others he contacted since. I will be getting in touch with everyone on that
list. HOWEVER, would anyone who has committed himself or herself to the
project please confirm that with me. I would appreciate a copy of your
correspondence with Peter indicating what you are doing. I would also
appreciate an update on your progress. If you know of others who have
committed, I would appreciate their names and contact info. Lastly, if
anyone knows how to contact Nicole Brenez (Université Paris 1) I would very
much appreciate the information. She is the only person on the February list
for whom I cannot find contact info.

Thanks very much.

--
Frank Burke, Phd