SCREEN-L Archives

May 2010, Week 2

From:
"Larsson, Donald F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2010 15:47:57 +0000
Others on the list will have more specific information, I'm sure, but for a starting place you might check Wikipedia's list of smoking bans in the United States.  Individual theatres and chains probably have their own policies, but state laws would seem to be the logical place to start.  I know that movie theaters in New York City still had smoking sections into the 1980s or later, something that was not common in many places.

The entry includes a few useful links as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_smoking_bans_in_the_United_States

Don Larsson

"Only connect!" --E.M. Forster

Donald F. Larsson, Professor