ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

April 2010

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2010 22:01:09 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa). The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 16 April 2010:

The Wailin' Jennys, "One Voice," 40 Days (Jericho Beach)
Uncle Earl, "Walkin' in My Sleep," She Waits for Night (Rounder)
The Carolina Chocolate Drops, "Cindy Gal," Genuine Negro Jig (Nonesuch)
Harvey Reid, "The Train That Carried My Girl From Town," Blues & Branches (Woodpecker)
Fishtank Ensemble, "Woman in Sin," Woman in Sin (Fishtank Ensemble)
Gadji-Gadjo, "OctoberBurrekfest," Sur le Toit des Voisins (Mange-Ta-Main)
Tim Eriksen, "Queen Jane," Soul of the January Hill (Appleseed)
Storyhill, "Avalon," Shade of the Trees (Red House)
Jil Chambless, "Aragon Mill," The Ladies Go Dancing (Jil Chambless)
Gordon Bok, "Sail, O Believer," Dear to Our Island (Timberhead)
Martin Carthy & Dave Swarbrick, "Begging Song," Life and Limb (Green Linnet)
Pierce Pettis, "Legacy," While the Serpent Lies Sleeping (Windham Hill)
Grace Pettis, "Dancing," Grace Pettis (Blue Rock)
Catie Curtis, "Magnolia Street," A Crash Course in Roses (Ryko)
The Deighton Family, "Travelling Light," Acoustic Music to Suit Most Occasions (Rounder/Philo)
Magnolia Sisters, "He, La-Bas," Chers Amis (Rounder)
Guy Davis, "Drop Down Mama," Legacy (Red House)
Koerner, Ray & Glover, "Poor Howard," The Return of Koerner, Ray & Glover (Red House)
The Kingston Trio, "Tom Dooley," I'm Going Home (St Clair)
Rory Block, "Come On In My Kitchen," Ain't I A Woman (Rounder)
Leo Kottke, "Ojo," 6- and 12-String Guitar (Rhino)
Greg Brown, "Waiting on You," Covenant (Red House)
The Be Good Tanyas, "When Doves Cry," Hello Love (Nettwerk)
Bruce Springsteen, "Silver Palomino," Devils & Dust (Columbia)
Joni Mitchell, "Woodstock," Amchitka (Amchitka)
Geraldine Barney, "Glitter Nights," Heartbeat, vol. 1 (Smithsonian Folkways)
Tim Buckley, "Once I Was," Washington Square Memoirs (Rhino)
Loudon Wainwright, "White Winos," Last Man on Earth (Red House)
Vera Ward Hall, "Trouble So Hard," Alan Lomax: Popular Songbook (Rounder)
Donovan with Joan Baez, "Catch the Wind," Roots of Folk (Vanguard)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world. (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
Alabama Public Radio: WUAL/WQPR/WAPR
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org