SCREEN-L Archives

February 2010, Week 2

From:
Adam Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 2010 15:55:49 -0800
Dear Colleagues,

I am presently conducting an analysis of industrial or commercial
online videos produced by and distributed on Google/YouTube about
their information labor work environment. My basic interpretation is
that these Google corporate videos are designed as a form of corporate
transparency, future worker recruitment, and present worker
therapeutics. My main goal is to develop methods by which scholars can
investigate the work conditions of inaccessible global corporations
through study of their public and reflexive documents. Texts referring
to any of these issues will be much appreciated. Specifically, I am
writing to inquire if anybody can recommend texts that investigate
industrial or commercial videos.
Thank you in advance.
Best,
--