SCREEN-L Archives

January 2010, Week 2

From:
Mary Celeste Kearney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 2010 12:34:02 -0600
NOTE: I am sending this CFP, but I am not the contact person.  Please
see contact info below.

GES US 2010 - Call for Papers

Los Angeles, California, June 15-16, 2010
Game Education Summit USA
University of Southern California's School of Cinematic Arts
Interactive Media Division

The Game Education Summit USA(GES) hosted by the University of
Southern California's School of Cinematic Arts, Interactive Media
Division (IMD) is seeking paper proposals from the academic, creative
and industrial communities for GES.

Through this annual event we aim to disseminate the most recent,
groundbreaking work on games as education as well as game research.
The conference will also have a strong focus on curriculum
development and design.

The 2010 GES USA mission is to bring academia and the industries that
create video games together to share research and foster
relationships that will benefit both groups.

Submissions will be accepted until February 15, 2010.

The focus of the 2010 GES is on video games and creativity. With
video games merging into more and more aspects of our lives, game
education plays an important role in shaping how students view the
world.

Types of submission:
Panels or Presentations

Submissions are solicited of long papers, panels or presentations
that address the following or related topics:

* Education (curriculum, accreditation, methods, integration, design
and development)
* Course Development (Game Design, writing for games, games as art,
sound design for games, ethics and game development)
* Administration (management, collaboration, grants, funding,
starting a program)
* Research (Serious games, literacy games, games in health, military
and other research)
* Industry (Partnership, student involvement, internships,
entrepreneurship, games to market)

Important dates:
15 February 2010	Deadline for submission in all categories
10 March 2010	Notification of acceptance
31 May 2010	Deadline for providing names and affiliations for all
panel members
01 June 2010	Deadline for submitting the final and completed Long Papers

The submission form can be found at www.gameeducationsummit.com

All submissions will be reviewed by members of the Games Education
Summit Advisory Board. All accepted speakers and panel participants
will be granted gratis admission to the conference and accepted
papers will be posted on the Game Education Network after the
conference.

If you have any questions please contact Suzanne Freyjadis at