ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

January 2010

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:00:42 -0600

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa). The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 22 January 2010:

The Wailin' Jennys, "One Voice," 40 Days (Jericho Beach)
Jil Chambless, "Newry Highwayman / Lexy McAskill," The Ladies Go Dancing (Jil Chambless)
Henri's Notions, "Galway to Graceland," John O' Dreams (Henri's Notions)
Jil Chambless, "When First I Came to Caledonia," The Ladies Go Dancing (Jil Chambless)
Gordon Bok, "Where the Cane Fires Burn," In Concert (Timberhead)
John Prine, "Paradise," Songbook, Vol. 4 (Old Town School)
Red Mountain, "Back to Birmingham," Throw the Old Cow Over the Fence (Whoop It Up!)
Dirk Powell, "Hop High My Lulu Gal," Come to the Mountain (Rounder)
Odetta, "Ramblin' Round Your City," The Roots of Folk (Vanguard)
Sparrow & the Ghost, "Evangeline," Living Room Demo (Hackberry)
Anais Mitchell, "Hobo's Lullaby," The Brightness (Righteous Babe)
Kate & Anna McGarrigle, "Heart Like a Wheel," Kate & Anna McGarrigle (Warner)
Kate McGarrigle, Rufus and Martha Wainwright, "Talk to Me of Mendocino," The McGarrigle Hour (Ryko/Hannibal)
Kate & Anne McGarrigle, "Matapedia," Matapedia (Hannibal)
Loudon Wainwright III, "Your Mother and I," Career Moves (Virgin)
Martha Wainwright, "This Life," Martha Wainwright (Zoe)
Kate & Anna McGarrigle, "Travellin' on for Jesus," Kate & Anna McGarrigle (Warner)
Ariane Lydon, "Oh, My Darling Clementine," Still She Moves (Overt)
Joel Rafael Band, "Danville Girl," The Songs of Woody Guthrie, Vol. 1 & 2 (Inside)
Diana Jones, "Soldier Girl," Better Times Will Come (Proper American)
Jonathan Edwards, "Four Strong Winds," Rollin' Along (Strictly Country)
Larry Long, "I Don't Believe in Violence," Troubadour (Flying Fish)
Martin Simpson, "One Day," True Stories (Compass)
Christine Lavin, "Attainable Love," Attainable Love (Rounder)
Lou and Peter Berryman, "Science Marches On," Double Yodel (Corbelt)
Leo Kottke, "Rings," Essential Leo Kottke (Chrysalis)
The Singing Nun, "Dominique," The Folk Years: Reason to Believe (Time Life)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world. (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
Alabama Public Radio: WUAL/WQPR/WAPR
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org