SCREEN-L Archives

November 2009, Week 4

From:
Sherryl Vint <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:52:01 -0500
*Science Fiction Film and Television* is a biannual, peer-reviewed journal
published by Liverpool University Press. Edited by Mark Bould (UWE) and
Sherryl Vint (Brock University), with an international board of advisory
editors, it encourages dialogue among the scholarly and intellectual
communities of film studies, sf studies and television studies.

We invite submissions on all areas of sf film and television. We publish
articles, book and DVD reviews and review essays, as well as archive entries
on theorists (which introduce the work of key and emergent figures in sf
studies, television or film studies) and texts (which describe and analyse
little-known or unduly neglected films or television series).

We invite submissions in particular for two special issues:

REMAKES, REVISIONS, REBOOTS: Why is the 21st century fascinated by returning
to previous sf franchises? Is this nostalgia? Archive fever? Retrofuturism?
What economic and cultural forces inform this recent fascination with return
and renewal?

BIOPOLITICS: How do biopolitial theories of theorists such as Foucault,
Hardt and Negri, Esposito and Agamben inform readings of sf? What can sf
contribute to ongoing discussions of biopolitial governance? What can sf
visions of posthumanism tell us about life under biopolitical capitalism?

Submissions should be made via our website at
http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/lup-sfftv. If you have an idea for a
contribution to the archives section, please contact the editors to discuss
your proposal.